Monday, June 14, 2010

I Once Again Have No USA Pride

Post(s) about the US Highway 14 Tour of Awesome will come soon!

For now, I will talk about the World Cup. Football. Or...soccer...or...whatever.

I don't really consider myself a huge fan of football (soccer.....this is WEIRD) in general, but since Comcast decided to give me the English Premiere League channel and ESPN (I think....some HD sports channel) decided to give me the MLS game of the week, I decided to watch. I'm a bit sad that we weren't able to take B's friend Reagan up on his offer to come visit him in South Africa to watch the matches live, but I guess things don't work out. If the US, Japan, or South Korea gets the bid in 2018 I think we'll probably go.

I now have this problem, however, where I pretty much just CONSTANTLY watch World Cup matches whenever I'm not doing anything else. Which tends to lead to me not doing anything but watching World Cup matches. I watch matches between teams I don't care about. It's that interesting. It may be that I think British people have such an amazing mastery of the English language that they make sports THAT MUCH more interesting, I don't know. I've set the DVR to record matches I want to see that are on during the day so that I can watch them later. It's pretty crazy.

For the record, I'm pretty much cheering for all the African teams unless they are playing Japan, South Korea, or England.

I'm also not cheering for the US. Because the US has no business trying to pretend that they should be involved in this event. And because I have almost zero pride in the United States. It's just the way it is.

Right now........the DVR is recording Japan vs. Cameroon. Let's go Samurai Blue!

日本代表チャント


No comments: