Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Things I Said I Wouldn't Do

1. Mention that it's my birthday today.
2. Talk about the Twins on this blog.

I'm now going to do both. Briefly. Because big things happened, and I have IM comments about them that need to get posted.

Briefly. My most main MNTwin has been awarded a contract. This was a bit of a concern, since the manager sorta doesn't like him. Actually, a lot of people sorta don't like him....for no good reason IMO. So. He was arbitration eligible this year.......and the Twins HATE going into arbitration. We figured he'd get A contract.....we didn't figure it would be 2 years and incentive-laden!!!

Congratulations B-Ha my dear!! Thanks for the best birthday present I've ever received. My penultimate birthday has been a smashing success so far! (My other present was nothing to scoff at, let me tell you all.)

Here's a link to the article on the Strib with some contract specifics: http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/christensen/2010/01/20/a-closer-look-at-the-new-deals-for-liriano-harris/

Here's some comments via the IM:
B: did you hear about contracts?
SK: no. bad or good?
B: 2 year 3.2 mil
SK: YAAAAAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B: 2
B: year
SK: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SK: that
SK: is the best birthday present i've ever gotten
SK: not to slight the other one but whoa
SK: that's an f-ton of incentives
SK: stupid Gardy better recognize
B: haha yeah. I hope is mom is happy somewhere
SK: me too
SK: also i like that Joe C. says flat out "He's never been a favorite of Ron Gardenhire's"
B: heh. yeah
B: but now you're stuck Gardy
B: BWaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha
SK: yep. 2 years. deal with it
SK: penultimate birthday is AWESOME
B: haha, success!

No comments: